02:42:00

after reading xt's post i've decided to write a bit about today too.

made a decision (actually many this week) to change alot of my bad habits for the better in 2009. and i'm glad to say that i took a mini-step this morning.

and went to buy presents. nowadays i really feel very stressed being in charge of buying presents. and was planning and thinking about saturday. how we should do it, etc. and it just suddenly dawned on me that, you just gotta make the effort, make things happen, when no one else is. not cos of obligations, but of a love and thankyou that flow. and sometimes it just takes you to make that difference. and not a difference that is just enough, but one of impact.






watched Red Cliff 2. it was awesome. the brilliance, the wits, the bravery. so wow. definitely one of my favouritest movie. theres loads you can learn from. (my cousin only seems to have negative things to say about the movie which is soooo irritating and i was arguing with him and he silenced me with - “你不知道真正的三国演义你不要吵!” :( )

有一部分令我小兴奋了一下-《短歌行》。哈哈。前几天还在读那首诗。
‘唯有杜康’ 令我 lol 了一下。哈哈。

yes and it revived my love for chinese. i fell in love once again.

i think one thing that really impacted was the wisdom, intelligence and creativity of the characters. it was just so wow. and it really impressed on me something - that to be able to reach that kinda level, being knowledgeable is so important.

and it also just showed how little do i know about everything and anything. it challenged me so so much to be a better student this year - not just talk the talk, but walk the walk. just like how after the movie, i told xt, “我要好好地读书”.


by random chance, met one of my parents' good friend from old. xt said that hes one of the pioneers, a really great guy. and he owns like, a bookstore. he told me that my 小舅舅 loves dropping by once in a while to read books.


i've heard about him a lot of times from my mum and dad last time, and it also struck me, that level and that kind of knowledge that he has, is so wow. and the fact that my
小舅舅, who is like super busy, takes the effort to still go and read, it shows alot alot.

and there i was, thinking, what exactly am i doing now??

even my dad, we used to have like sooo many books at home. the storerooms and bedroom were filled with his books. and he always took time out to read, before bedtime.


i love to read. but i am not taking any action. so it makes it useless and senseless.


so i'm gonna take this motivation to the next level, to actually see results coming from it.
i'm excited. :)

0 comments