Godliness with contentment is great gain.

21:29:00


I've not had this kind of Saturday in a long long while. I'm currently on one week's leave to study for my exams next week. Though I'm supposed to be studying... I've taken quite a bit of break to do everything else. :p

I've been cooking dinner for myself every night for past 3 days! It feels good to cook different stuff up, past few months I've been too tired to do anything. Glad this exam break enabled me to do so! I've cleared stuff from the fridge I've been meaning to clear since forever. Washed dishes, prepared breakfast for tomorrow, prepared fruits for snacks later.

Now... I'm applying clay mask and waiting for it to dry before showering.
I don't know why but all these little things make me so so happy. I really can't remember the last time I felt so at ease... and decluttered. You know those nagging thoughts that come to you everyday, asking you to do this do that, but you've never really gotten around to doing it? So glad I could today!

I think I haven't been very healthy or kind to myself since 2016 started. It blurred past me.

After my exams... I really want to take the time out to piece back my life again, find the drive again, declutter my life, prioritize what's important. Read more, love myself more.


“其实敬虔和知足才是真正的财富” - 1 Timothy 6:6

I've been thinking about simplicity a lot this season of my life again. 

There are many things to pursue, many things to want, many things to need, many things to conquer. But these days... I find joy in the simplest of things, day-to-day mundane routine.

And I thought to myself, what is contentment? I guess true contentment comes when we simplify our lives, stripping away the unnecessary, understanding that what's essential is not really seen. Other things are just bonuses or add-ons.

知足常乐。还在学习着。

1 comments