A space to breathe.

00:49:00


Sharing one of my favourite photos from my Nice trip back in 2014. I simply love Nice so much! Such a charmer! I feel like I could just sit there the whole day, enjoying the breeze and sky and stare into the horizon. Seagulls flying everywhere... the waves amazingly soothing. The beach is filled with pebbles instead of sand! Being the OCD me... I actually secretly hate sand. I dislike the feeling of having tiny particles between my toes and fingers and not able to fully clean it off. I know I know... I am a weird creature. So Nice's beach fits me perfectly!


This is one of my favourite photos as well. I was touched just strolling by and noticing this old couple. Sitting there together enjoying the view. Simplicity... Bliss!

All these are non-filtered. You simply don't need filter in gorgeous Nice! No wonder it's filled with tourists during summer. Perfect to go in the colder months like December like I did! :)

Okay so why the nostalgia.

I was scrolling through my photos and missing these carefree moments. I feel like this year is so busy it's ridiculous. I feel like sometimes I've no space to breathe! But then again, sometimes it's also the pressure I put on myself. Working and studying part time is no joke... All these on top of other commitments. There were so many moments I felt overwhelmed.

I'm not that kind who WANTS a holiday to get away, to feel that I've rested. I don't like the idea of living from holiday to holiday to 'get away'. I believe we CAN rest too even if we are in Singapore. It's a state of mind more than anything. Of course, holidays are nice... But if we live from holiday to holiday, I think we won't truly enjoy the in-betweens. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut, and experiencing a 'high' to be okay. I don't really like such a perspective of life. There is also beauty in the mundane.

I digress. All in all, I think for now, I really need a space to breathe. I was feeling a little too burnt out, carrying negativity and cynicism too often in me. It's so not healthy. I simply can't wait for exams to end actually.

In the meantime, Tingting fighting!

1 comments