Thinking of a title is actually very stressful.

12:01:00


Just dawned upon me that kinda change that recept brought about in me.


I used to be sooooo not 'I', can't speak fluently, awkward when meeting new people, stammer a lot when I'm thinking of something, and often saying things that sound way better in my head.

Just picked up a call, and I realized I've become so much more fluent and firm, but at the same time friendly and polite. And I was amazed! One year of training and practicing hasn't gone down the drain.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad change. In fact, it's rather good. It was such a big step out of my comfort zone. I'm such a 'S' person, I love to blend, love to stay out of the way and be backstage. I would rather do the offstage work, and not be in the limelight.

But this job pushes me to be extra smiley everyday, extra friendly on the phone, multi-task every minute of work, be very nice to everyone who is here, be really helpful and follow through on a request, be patient when meeting new people (and often weird ones). And I'm quite shocked to realize that I've gradually become more 'I', something I never thought I would be! 

And to be honest I am not exactly 'rejecting' this change in me, I quite embrace it. I love building relationships with people important to me, and I love being able to communicate well to strangers and listen to their woes (okay sometimes not really) and problems. Being able to help, is a great thing.

Not forgetting the different colleagues that I talk to on an everyday basis, exchanging smiles, greetings and whatnot. These little conversations bring life to my soul. It is so nice to be able to exchange stories with people of the same spirit and heart, always so encouraging and nice. I love it that people genuinely care, out of a good heart.

But of course, this job has its cons as well. Sometimes... you just don't want to be friendly and nice. Haha.

Well, it's a growing process.. :) 


0 comments