library books.

03:12:00

picked up another book today.
needed another lighter read to get me thru sleepless nights.

it was kinda an older book, with fonts like that on my blog.
and realised, newer books dont exist in such fonts anymore!
and they reminded me of old Enid Blytons that my sister passed down to me when i was young, yellowing pages, colourful hardcovers. sweet :)


always loved library books. even love yellowed n battered books more. with dog ear marks, stained pages etc. (though sometimes you'll find a random strand of hair in between pages or mysterious stains on random pages. and then i'll speed read those pages.)

gives me a sense of pleasure, knowing that the treasure within is passed from person to person, and different people get different inspirations from the same book.


and i think i work best with deadlines, because i'll feel a need to finish reading the books asap and its a motivation!


reading is such a pleasure..!
(but actually sometimes i do appreciate brand new books, the newness feel. but all my books end up battered and all under me. haha. but thats the whole point right?!)



am currently reading Post Office by Charles Bukowski.




1 comments

  1. boo to library boooooooooooooks. ha jk. is post office nice. maybe its time you visited one to mail me a letter.

    ReplyDelete