wiser.

04:17:00

just a short one before i zzzzz.


on the topic of 'friends' recently. i think as i age, i tend to 'test' and 'observe' someone alot, before allowing him/her into my life. and i've learnt to identify certain personalties and characteristics. have learnt, sometimes thru the hard way, how to choose my friends wisely.

even as we grow up, friends arent a general term as 'friends' anymore. sad but true, they are separated and differentiated to the different levels of closeness to us. and there will be times when we are forced to make a decision to draw away from people who are 'hindering' us in a way. it is all part of growing up and it is inevitable.

sometimes i think to myself, is it really that necessary? there were so many times i doubted my own decisions. but time and time again, i proved myself to be right. sometimes it was painful.. but at the end of the day, i'm glad i did.


'friends' used to be a general term for me. anyone and everyone are my friends. until recently when i really thought through, and learnt to identify the ones who are truly closest to my heart.


i want friends who truly know my heart, who are sincere and genuine. who are there not to just share with the good times, but the extremely bad times as well (which more often than not, needs much sensitivity). yes it sounds simple, but if you take time out to really think through, you are only left with a few...

0 comments