home.

21:22:00

i miss my home. the little corner on the 4th floor of dear tampines. there is this close feeling you have when you are on familiar ground. and i miss that feeling. of going home.

i miss my sofa. though its black and unwelcoming, but it is so comfortable and i can just sleep on it the whole afternoon.

i miss my bed. i miss how soft it is but at the same time, it is hard. i miss the wholeness of it, the feeling that i own the world cos i can roll about all i want on the big queen size bed. i miss the cleanness of it. that i know my clean-freak mum will keep it dirt-free, and even if its dirty, its cos of me. so i can still rest in peace.

i miss my quilt. on how it understands that i need a nice welcoming embrace at the end of every day. i love how it gives me warmth and keep me safe every night. how it engulfs me with its hug, and telling me that tomorrow will be a better day.

i miss my toilet bowl. miss the cleanness of it, miss having it clean all the time. miss me not having to do housework and it can still be spot-free.

i miss my toilet. the showers. how it understands my exact mix of cold + hot, and i know exactly the position of the handle to give me the exact temperature. the showering thing is so unpredictable here cos i can suddenly get super cold water, and suddenly get super hot water that i'll probably scald myself and end up with 3rd degree burns or something.

i even miss the microwave and oven at home. just because i can cook just about anything in it. with all the potatoes in the world. i also miss all the pots and pans and stove. that i can cook my restaurant standard steak. and how awesome you feel after cooking something nice.

i miss my wardrobe. miss the five doors to it. miss the feeling of waking every morning looking at my wardrobe. and filling the shelves with all my clothes. i miss my full length mirror in my room. i can look at myself from the tip of my head to my toes. and i miss being able to do that, without looking retarded trying to tip-toe, jump, stretch myself, just so i can see how i look whole body.

i miss my room. the cosy little space with red ceilings and awesome lighting. the whole messy feeling of it, but yet, it is so cosy you can fall asleep right away.

:( i'm not emo la. haha. i just suddenly miss all these things back at home :( 3 more months to go!

0 comments